Presenting: The Villian Proposed

Image
RiMA - PIXIV Presenting a new novel, raws provided by jasmine🌸, Aa88 and manhwalover. I hail the consortium! Blurb: Lady Regina Bellua happens upon a murder one fateful evening and sees the killer. The killer is none other than Society's darling, the Duke of Greroy, Arsene Greroy.  And he saw her...

Please Be More Serious Chapter 40


Giphy

Burning Down the House to Build a New One:

Zhengqing thought to himself, in this project, he probably was no match for Yin Ting, so he told her, ‘I’m going to the meeting. In my study desk second drawer, there is a small red box, it’s a gift for you.’
Yin Ting laughed, and said she’d look for it. Zhengqing rang off.
Yin Ting ran to the study to find the gift, ‘Now I think the photos I was going to give him are a bit lazy. Mr Zheng, you’re big oh,’
She found the gift box. It was very nice looking, before she opened it, she decided to guess what was in the box. Thinking about the kind of person Zhengqing was; it would probably be a silk handkerchief or a brooch. It most likely would be a proper traditional gift.
She opened it to find an ornament.
It was similar to a snow globe, but it rather than flurries, it was raining.
Inside the sphere is a small forest scene; trees, grass and flowers incredibly detailed. A careful slosh of water was dripping, it was slightly hazy.
Yin Ting rested her chin on the desk, looking at the rain globe. Should she give him points for a gift out of the ordinary? But the gift was a bit sad.
Yin Ting sat up in the chair, and pretended to think seriously.
‘First point: I like you.’ She giggled at this, ‘the blah blah blah (Zuben: hehe), twelfth point, if you also like me, you can have a boyfriend for Christmas. Here have this gift.’ She pushed the rain globe forward. She imagined Zhengqing doing this, and it made her laugh.
‘What does Mr Zheng mean with this gift?’ she said thoughtfully. Her thoughts went to the silly chicken soup she made for him – but why days of rain? She felt that this gift must be related to the chicken soup.
So she text him, ‘I know you’re in a meeting and won’t be able to answer, but why a rain globe?’
Zhengqing did not see the text till later that night after several hours of meetings. He’d turned down the other managers’ offer of supper after, every one worked hard, but he was too tired to try and make small talk over dinner.
There was a noodle shop near the hotel he was staying, so he went there for dinner. He ordered his food, and remembered he hadn’t looked at his phone for a while. His secretary must have sent him lots of emails. He saw Yin Ting’s message, it made him smile. He called her but she didn’t answer. He was disappointed. He continued to eat. A few minutes later, his phone rang, it was Yin Ting returning his call. He quickly answered.
‘I was in the bathroom; I didn’t hear your call earlier.’ She said in greeting.
‘It doesn’t matter,’ she was speaking to him now.
‘Then ask me if how I quickly returned your call?’ (Zuben: This part confused me. Why?)
He smiled and asked obediently.
‘Because I was waiting for your call,’ she said, ‘I’ve been checking to see if you’d called.’
‘Oh.’
‘…’ Yin Ting was disgruntled, ‘I wanted you to be touched.’
Zhengqing smiled, ‘I am truly touched.’
No sincerity. But, Yin Ting decided not to get hung up on it, ‘Quickly tell me the answer, I have been left waiting too long.’
‘When I see you…’
Yin Ting made a moue of displeasure, she was disappointed, ‘Why do I have to wait so long?’ (Zuben: Yes Zhengqing, why do we have to wait so long?)
‘Well, I don’t have much inspiration when it comes to presents. I thought of the most interesting chicken soup I’ve ever had in my whole life. So random. Therefore, you got a random present.’
Yin Ting was quiet for a few seconds, then she muttered into the mouthpiece, ‘I didn’t realise “stupid” could be replaced with “limited inspiration”. Next time, whoever calls me stupid would be told I am not stupid, I just have limited inspiration.’
Zhengqing laughed, she was too interesting. Why was she so cute? He really want to see her.
‘What are you doing now?’ She asked.
‘Eating noodles.’
‘By yourself?’
‘Yup.’
‘Do you have side dishes.’
‘Nope,’
‘You should have side dishes.’
‘Didn’t know what to get.’ He hadn’t been in the mood, and he had been tired. So he just ordered a bowl of beef noodles.
‘Read me the menu.’ She said. Zhengqing read the menu out to her and realised there was something he could have gotten. Yin Ting helped him two side dishes,
‘Will that do?’
‘They would do.’ He replied, as he called the waitress and ordered.
Yin Ting smiled happily, her boyfriend was quite clever, she likes, ‘You eat your noodles quickly and get some rest,’ she said intending to ring off.
‘Don’t hand up, we can still talk.’
‘Alright,’ Yin Ting said her voice sweet as honey.
‘When I get back to the hotel, I have a lot of work waiting for me. I won’t be able to talk to you, so doing so right now while eating is efficient.’ Zhengqing explained as he ate.
‘…’ Yin Ting was quiet.
‘What up?’ he asked.
‘I just wondering which part of your cells were being killed, I was contemplating.’
‘Are you teasing?’ Zhengqing asked not understanding.
‘Ah.’ Yin Yin said mimicking his serious tone.
Zhengqing laughed. He didn’t get jokes, but her voice when she said “Ah” was amusing. He ate some more then he asked, ‘What did you mean anyway?’
‘Beg me to tell you.’
‘Please,’ he said,
Yin Ting sighed, she couldn’t expect much from him, ‘I was thinking that your romantic cells were atrophied.’
‘…’ He could not refute that.
His side dishes were served, ‘You keep eating, I will not hand up.’
‘Good,’ he said. As he ate, Yin Ting told him about being in the hospital with her father. As she spent time with him here, keeping him calm, she got to know about other patients in the hospital many of whom who had unfortunate lives.
Zhengqing smiled, his Xiao Ting was such an angel.
 She also told him that Huizhu had sent over the documents for her accountants and lawyers to go through, and has started the company registration process. Wu Fei has left his former workplace and has begun to work with Huizhu in her company. They all had dinner together.
‘And that’s all I know…’
Huizhu wasn’t worried about things, she was more settled in her plans now. The contract was drawn up, it was just waiting for Zhengqing to look through it and authorise. But Huizhu hadn’t been curious about developments in their relationship (Zuben: She won’t ask you, little girl, she’ll ask Zhengqing)
Yin Ting talked on as he finished his meal, and accompanied him as he returned to his hotel room. When he was situated, he told her he had to go; work called.
‘Don’t work too hard. Sleep soon.’
‘Alright, goodnight.’ Zhengqing said, as he opened his work email to see a large list waiting for him. He sighed.
A few minutes later, he got a text from Yin Ting, ‘Read my blog tomorrow. Rest early. Goodnight.’
Zhengqing replied, ‘Alright.’
Yin Ting grimaced as she read the reply. He was so staid. It was her first day as his girlfriend, and it had come to an interactive conclusion. If she’d heard about someone like Zhengqing from a girl friend, she would have thought him ultra-stuffy and boring.
Yin Ting threw herself back on her holding the phone and laughed. Zhengqing was also a tad spoilt; he didn’t let her hang up, made her accompany him while he ate. It was just that his expression was more subtle, she understood. He needed her, and she was satisfied.

The next morning, Zhengqing went unto Yin Ting’s micro-blog, there was a new post put up early in the morning. It was a picture of sunflowers - it was a pretty picture. It was captioned: Why do sunflowers turn towards the sun? Answer: Because, it is saying I miss you. Though not seeing you is disappointing, it doesn’t matter. We will meet in the new day. (Zuben vomits rainbows)
Zhengqing texted Yin Ting, ‘I miss you, too.’
‘Wow, my boyfriend said something romantic!’ she replied.
Just after, Yin Tin called and told him about her plans for the day; going to the orphanage to visit the children, accompanying her father, then off to his house to feed Miao-dada, and the she would like to talk to her boyfriend that night.
‘Sounds like you’re as busy as I am,’ he said.
‘Are you working overtime on the weekend?’ she asked
‘Yes, it’s quite chaotic here. There is a lot to sort out.’ He did not want to say he was working overtime to ensure he was home with her on Christmas. He really couldn’t say such sappy things out loud. Maybe he should text; he seemed to be more romantic if he wrote.
‘Okay, work hard. I have to go.’ Yin Ting said cheerfully. Zhengqing would like to listen to it all day.
‘Let’s speak in the evening.’ He said
‘Yes, alright.’ Yin Ting was happy which in turn made Zhengqing happy.
The day passed quickly. At night, they talked. But on the video chat, Yin Ting was showing a contrite expression.
‘I’m really sorry. Blame me. I was playing hide and seek in the living room with Miao-dada using the sofa as the home base. Miao dada liked the feel of the sofa and started to scratch it!’ (Zuben: Time for a scratching post then.)
Zheng qing did not know what to say. As home, he’d noticed Miao had been scratching things up a lot, so he bought it a lot of scratch boards and placed them around the house. It was good, not scratching up furniture. Now he hadn’t been at home for a few days, his cat was being presumptuous and misbehaving? (Zuben: Disregard my previous statement.)
‘Its fine,’ he couldn’t blame Miao it was a small animal, no sense of right and wrong.
‘It’s quite bad though.’ Yin Ting said still looking sorry.
‘…’ Zhengqing dared not think too much and asked, ‘How bad is it?’
‘I do not dare tell you,’ she said. Zhengzing feared for his sofa. ‘I went to your study to play an online game, and did not notice that Miao-dada’s door was open, by the time I went back, I found scratching the upholstery, its worn it so thin!’
‘…’ He opened the door? He was away for a few days and the cat has learned a new skill, ‘its okay…’
‘I’ll buy you a new couch.’
‘You don’t need to.’
‘Let me,’ Yin Ting said, ‘I’ll buy the most comfortable sofa ever, and won’t let Miao touch a swatch,’
‘It’s a small matter, when you’re playing with Miao just make sure you’re watching it carefully so that it doesn’t do something troublesome.’
‘I will,’ Yin Ting said, her eyes shining with relief and happiness. Zhengqing did not blame her, she was happy.
Zhengqing also relaxed.
A few days passed, Thursday evening rolled round and Yin Ting report was not a good one
‘I have bad news!’
‘Huh?’
‘I want to learn how to cook, but father and brother were laughing at me. There’s no one to see me at yours, so I went to practice there…
‘Did you burn my house down?’ Are the person and cat alright?
‘No no, I’m not that skilful, just the kitchen.’
‘…’ There is enough skill in burning the kitchen.
Zhengqing was relieved.
‘Just smashed the ceiling lighting, and the pipes…’ Yin Ting said looking very embarrassed.
Zhengqing looked at her flabbergasted. He tried to imagine, how in the world a cooking disaster would lead to his ceiling lights blowing up and his pipes bursting, ‘How bad is it?’ He asked finally.
‘I’ve been very good, your kitchen is only a little hurt. I have contacted a decorating company to come and sort things out. We could not find exactly the same fittings…’
‘Alright,’ If she could have found the exact same fittings, she would not have told him.
‘If didn’t want you to come back and find a different kitchen, so…’
Of course he’d wonder and ask. So she was being honest in advance.
‘So, a new sink had to be put in as well as the counters changed, and the cabinets were all connected. We decided to change the other side so it wouldn’t look mismatched and ugly…’
‘…’ It as really difficult to find the same fittings, so she replaced the entire kitchen?!
‘I am sorry, I promise to have it done fast.’
Quickly too! Zhengqing could not muster up anger, so he simply told her, ‘Promise me one thing,’
‘Yes,’
‘Keep yourself and Miao-dada out of trouble!’
‘I will,’
‘And my house is still standing when I get home.’
‘Of course, I’m trying to make up for it.’
‘And my door is still intact.’
‘That is assured.’
‘So tell me, how did you destroy the ceiling and the pipes at the same time?’ When he decorated, he was told the materials were good, and would not be damaged easily.
‘That…ah…well,’ she said in a contrite manner, she couldn’t really tell him she did not like his interior décor, ‘I must tell you I did not realise I had such destructive power. I have never destroyed anything at home before.’
‘Okay, so tell me how…?’
‘There was hot oil in the pot, I was cutting vegetables, the pot was on the heat too long so when I put the vegetables in, the oil caught fire, I was scared trying to quench it, so I threw it into the sink. It exploded…’ Yin Ying said honestly, although the sink was the only thing burnt she tried to douse the flames with a kitchen napkin and that caught fire too. But she did not tell him this.
Zhenqing rubbed his forehead, ‘And the ceiling light?’
‘Well I was holding a knife to cut the vegetables, and when the fire started…’ Her voice got smaller and smaller. She had been screaming, and tossed the knife, grabbing the pot and taking it to the sink had been very painful.
‘Well it went flying…’
‘So you, the vegetable, the knife flew up and hit the lamp?!’
She lowered her head; there was had been a large dent in the light fitting as well.
‘…’ Zhengqing was shocked. He could only thank whichever deity kept her and dada safe. He could not think about anything contrary to that.
‘I wondered about just cleaning it up, but it was all too damaged. Your new kitchen is going to be pretty and neat. I have ensured that the decorators would do a good job. Hope you’re not angry.’
‘I am not angry,’ Zhengqing wasn’t angry, he was more shocked and heavy with worry.
‘Xiao-Ting,’
‘Yeah,’
‘We’re adding a thirteenth item,’
‘Don’t let me into the kitchen?’
‘Indeed,’ Zhengqing said nodding. She really was intelligent.
Yin Ting was somewhat sad, ‘I am really telling the truth, I’ve never been destructive before, it was really an accident.’ She’d called Yufei for help and Yufei did not miss the opportunity to make fun of her saying she’d saved up twenty-four years of destructive power to cope with Qiu Zhengzing.
‘I will come back as soon as possible,’ he said to her. It didn’t matter, he just wanted to be back there with her, ‘Please promise my girlfriend would be alive to see me.’
Yin Ting laughed at the exaggeration.
‘It’s not funny, I’m very serious.’
Yin Ting’s grin widened, even though he was being serious. She was so troublesome, but Zhengqing also could not help but smile, ‘I would be back as soon as I can,’ he said reassuring her.
‘Good, your girlfriend would be alive to see you. You finally got one with great difficulty, she is desperately living to see you,’
‘…’ was he being teased again?

She also has finally got a boyfriend after great difficulty, but he did not say that to her. It would be better if he tried to get back home faster. Otherwise, his girlfriend and his cat were about to overturn the heavens!


Zuben: This was an amusing one. I did look through for typos, but I'm sure I've missed a couple. Please bear with me 🙇



Comments

  1. How amusing lol. Thank you for the chapters 😆😆😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, can't wait to see their relationship progress, so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have forgotten about the grammar, but your note reminded me. You did better here with verb tense, but work on stopping run-on sentences.

    Thank your for your tansaltion. Ying Ying is too bad at cooking, but she has her good points too. I wish I was just as rich as hers.

    ReplyDelete

Popular posts from this blog

Mo Yan in the Book 1 - 3 (H)

Frangipani 1 - 2 (h)

Mo Yan in the Book 16 - 20 (H, 3P)